Expression Of Interest (EOI) For Provision Of Warehouse Labour Services In Uganda
World Food Programme
5:00 PM local time on 18th July 2019
Date of Expression of Interest: 2 July 2019
Closing Date for Submission of Responses to this Expression of Interest: 18 July 2019
Reference EOI/Provision of warehouse labour services (EOI – F.03.01.8542)
DESCRIPTION OF THE REQUIREMENT:
The World Food Programme Uganda Country office is inviting competent and financially stable business entities that have the expertise, capability and experience to provide warehouse labour services:
Warehouse labour services (loaders, semi-skilled and skilled labour) at its warehouses in Gulu, Kaabong, Kampala (Nalukolongo and Gulfstream -Mukwano-Nakawa), Kotido, Moroto and Tororo. Warehouse labour services include loading
and offloading food commodities in bags and cartons, rebagging, reconstitution and stacking, warehouse cleaning, handling nonfood items, tallying inbound, outbound, internal movements and inventory of stocks.
Estimated annual throughputs at the warehouses
| #|| Warehouse location|| Number of warehouse compounds|| Estimated annual throughput (Metric Tons)|
|1|| Gulu||2|| 200,000|
|2|| Kaabong||1|| 2,500|
|3|| Kampala||2|| 200,000|
|4|| Kotido||1|| 6,000|
|5|| Moroto||1|| 8,500|
|6|| Tororo||4|| 360,000|
Prospective firms should have a minimum monthly credit bank balance of Uganda Shillings 100 Million for interest in Gulu, Kampala and Tororo warehouses and Uganda shillings 20 million for the rest of the warehouses.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION TO SUBMIT WITH THE EOI:
Business firms and organisations interested in participating in the planned solicitation process should forward their EOI to UNWFP by electronic mail (E-mail) as indicated below. To be deemed eligible for the pre-qualification process, firms are required to submit all the below listed documents within the EOI to the WFP Kampala office:
1. A letter of interest.
2. An original letter of support from the firm's/organisation principal financial banker outlining the firm's/organisation's financial status and credibility. If such a letter is issued in the name of an individual (guarantor) related to the firm/organisation, clearly state the guarantors exact position in the firm/organisation and/or other links with the firm/organisation.
3. Business firm's/organisation Audited Financial Statements for at least two of the past three years (2016, 2017 and 2018) or expressed intention to provide such statements within one month (including bank statements).
4. Business firm's/organisation Certificate of Incorporation or registration.
5. Company's tax registration certificate (including VAT).
6. Income tax clearance certificates for at least two of the past three years (2016, 2017 and 2018).
7. Company's current trading license
8. Letters of reference from at least two existing clients.
Deadline for submission is 5:00 PM local time on 18th July 2019
Clement Hill Road
Plot 17 – 19
P.O. Box 7159, Kampala, Uganda