Expression Of Interest (EOI) For Provision Of Customs Clearing Services
World Food Programme
5:00 PM local time on 18th July 2019
Date of Expression of Interest: 2 July 2019
Closing Date for Submission of Responses to this Expression of Interest: 18 July 2019
Reference: EOI/Customs clearing services (EOI – F.03.01.8543)
DESCRIPTION OF THE REQUIREMENT:
The World Food Programme Uganda Country office is inviting competent and financially stable business entities to provide customs clearing services as indicated below:
This EOI does not constitute a solicitation. WFP reserves the right to change or cancel the requirements at any time during the EOI and/or solicitation process. WFP also reserves the right not to invite a firm that submitted an EOI, thus responding to this EOI does not automatically guarantee that the business firm/organisation will be considered for receipt of the solicitation if-and-when-issued.
i. Imports customs clearing services into Uganda.
ii. Export customs clearing of food and non food items across borders to Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan and Tanzania.
iii. Transit customs clearing for WFP cargo transiting through Uganda to neighboring countries.
Please note that occasionally there will be requirements for export customs clearing of cargo destined to Central African Republic (CAR), Ethiopia and Somalia.Estimated annual imports, exports/re-exports
| #|| Category|| Estimated annual quantity (Metric Tons)|
|1|| Imports|| 150,000|
|2|| Exports/re-exports|| 450,000|
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION TO SUBMIT WITH THE EOI:
Business firms and organisations interested in participating in the planned solicitation process should forward their EOI to UNWFP by electronic mail (E-mail) as indicated below. To be deemed eligible for the pre-qualification process, firms are required to submit all the below listed documents within the EOI to the WFP Kampala office:
1. A letter of interest.
2. An original letter of support from the firm's/organisation principal financial banker outlining the firm's/organisation's financial status and credibility. If such a letter is issued in the name of an individual (guarantor) related to the firm/organisation, clearly state the guarantors exact position in the firm/organisation and/or other links with the firm/organisation.
3. Business firm's/organisation Audited Financial Statements for at least two of the past three years (2016, 2017 and 2018) or expressed intention to provide such statements within one month (including bank statements).
4. Business firm's/organisation Certificate of Incorporation or registration.
5. Company's tax registration certificate (including VAT).
6. Income tax clearance certificates for at least two of the past three years (2016, 2017 and 2018).
7. Company's current trading license.
8. Company's current customs clearing license.
9. Letters of reference from at least two existing clients.
Deadline for submission is 5:00 PM local time on 18th July 2019.
Clement Hill Road
Plot 17 – 19
P.O. Box 7159, Kampala, Uganda