- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
HR Consultant (Organizational Alignment)
Jobs at:World Food Programme
Deadline of this Job:
20 February 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger as part of the Sustainable Development Goals. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. WFP is saving lives and changing lives.
ABOUT THE REGION RBC
Our RBC region counts 16 Country Offices across the Middle-East, Central Asia and North Africa and serves over 27 million people which constitutes almost one third of WFP’s global beneficiaries. From 2011 onwards, WFP operations managed in this region have seen a sharp increase in terms of operational scope and requirements. This is mainly attributable to emergency response serving those impacted by conflict, violence and displacement. Most beneficiaries in the region are assisted through unconditional resource transfer activities such as general food distribution through in-kind and cash-based transfers, followed by school meals and nutrition activities.
Our region includes countries representing a range of political, economic, environmental and social contexts which makes it not only operationally very diverse but also strategically very important. In recent years, our region attained over 40% of WFP’s global funding which emphasizes the key role it is playing within the organization.
ORGANIZATIONAL ALIGNMENT PROJECT BACKGROUND & ASSIGNMENT PURPOSE:
There is an increasing need and demand to review and align Country Office structures with the Country Strategic Plans (CSPs) in a more systematic and structured way, embedding workforce planning principles and identifying long-term skill and talent solutions including the appropriate contract modalities and gender-based recommendations into Country Office staffing plans. For this purpose, WFP Human Resources provides support to Country Offices with the deployment of specialized teams to conduct organizational alignment reviews.
The regional RBC HR Team requires an experienced HR Officer to deploy in various WFP Country Offices across the region and conduct organizational alignment reviews with the aim optimizing the delivery on CSPs. The role is based in Cairo but will require frequent and extended travel to various parts of the region as a member of the organizational alignment team.. .
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Regional HR Officer P5 and in close collaboration with the regional RBC HR Support team, the Consultant will:
• Participate as a team member in the organizational alignment reviews in Country Offices providing advice on organizational structures and workforce composition.
• Conduct the assessment of current organizational set-ups, analyze structures, workforce composition and impact of the transformation and the new delivery model.
• Contribute/Prepare presentations to managers/staff on the organizational alignment process including technical advice on related issues such as communication and engagement plans; prepare and analyze organizational alignment surveys.
• Participate in the consultations with management and other key staff to discuss structural and staffing proposals related to each organizational unit ensuring:
1. all perspectives, challenges and opportunities are gathered and analyzed,
2. options for optimum spans of control and managerial layers explored,
3. responsibilities clarified among functions/positions, including reporting lines,
4. critical roles identified, contractual modalities reviewed including nationalization opportunities (where applicable),
5. job titles and grade levels of positions reviewed using pre-classified job profiles and UN job evaluation standards.
• Contribute to formulation of recommendations and detailed structural options ensuring coherence among all functions, identifying and analyzing any associated risks and feasibility of proposed options, and maximizing operational efficiencies in line with the available budget.
• Design targeted organizational structures explaining Pros and Cons of each option and referring to organization design principles.
• Provide guidance and advice on formulating detailed implementation plans to ensure that the gaps between the current and future structures and workforce can be smoothly bridged.
• Prepare and/or contribute to the organizational alignment reports to ensure all findings and recommendations are recorded for audit purposes.
• Capture lessons learned to contribute to refining organizational alignment guides and tools and propose any related improvements.
• Other, as required..
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of organizational alignment and job design principles, tools and methodologies.
• Ability to partner with managers/employees to understand priorities and provide advice on organizational design.
• Knowledge of how to analyse organizational set-ups, structures and workforce composition.
• Ability to clearly communicate with managers and employees; draft communication messages linking to the organizational strategy and the Country Office goals.
• Ability to develop organizational charts using Visio.
• Ability to work with people from different backgrounds. Great team player.
• Demonstrate confidence and cognitive capacity to assimilate different perspectives and formulate recommendations..
• Advanced University Degree in Human Resources, Organizational development, Industrial relations, Business Administration or other related field. First University degree may be accepted with additional relevant courses and/or experience. Organization Alignment, Job Evaluation training or courses is an asset..
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
• Two (2) years of relevant experience in Organisational Design in international environments OR five (5) years minimum experience in HR Project Management. Experience in working in different organizational set-ups. Knowledge of UN job evaluation standards is an asset..
Work Hours: 8