Corporate Finance Manager
Jobs at:British American Tobacco
Deadline of this Job:
19 April 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, April 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Number: 34881
Bat Egypt Is Looking for A Corporate Finance Manager
Seniority Level: Junior Level Management
Location: Cairo - Egypt
Role Positioning and Objectives:
At BAT, we give you a great start to your career by placing you in an environment that cultivates learning, collaboration, and well-being in a leading global company. We are currently looking for high caliber, ambitious and creative candidates who want to be challenged to achieve their full potential within the Finance Function.
Reports to: Head of Finance
Reporting Level: Manages Self & Others
Geographic Scope: Cairo .
• Managing GL, AR, IC, and AP
• Preparing Monthly checklist OTIF including all the reconciliations required to ensure control navigator is applied (soft copy and hard copy) taking into consideration the actions needed to be performed and following up till closure.
• Ensuring smooth Month-End closings following all deadlines.
• Sharing all closure deadlines with my team.
• Reviewing and Managing Blackline accounts
• Reviewing and approving Monthly actual packs to ensure that SAP and BPC balances are matching.
• Supporting with Tax inspection requirements to ensure accurate reporting of balances that are subject to taxes by the tax authority.
• Ensuring correct treatment of aged customers invoices.
• Ensuring mismatches in intercompany transactions are handled according to the set thresholds.
• Ensuring accuracy of intercompany recharges
• Ensuring a smooth weekly payment run to suppliers
• Ensuring the SAP activity of all suppliers we deal with.
• Confirming accurate payment terms, tax codes, bank details, and currency set for the suppliers.
• Ensuring suppliers' payment on time in order to meet the KPI's.
• Ensuring that all Ad-hoc problems with different stakeholders are solved.
• Fixed Assets & IFRS16
Tracker of all assets owned by BAT
• Having an updated fixed asset register
• Ensuring Accurate Assets management (disposals - terminations - creation - retirement)
• Understanding of IFRS16 different templates required globally, on a quarterly basis
• Having an offline tracker for IFRS16 calculations
• Managing the process of IFRS16 corrections that will be done by the external audit firm.
• Ensuring all audit requirements reach the audit team on time
• Being the point of contact between Audit team and the End Market
• Having a FS draft to be reviewed and signed-off
• Having the signed FS and clear mapping of the TB including all adjusting entries and cause of change on time, as scheduled at the beginning of the engagement.
Managing Master data requests
• Ensuring that all approvers and approvals limits are set according to the Delegation of Authority
• Having an offline tracker of all approvers and approval limits, that gets updated regularly with every single change
• Meeting the deadline and requirements of the bi-annual housekeeping exercises. (Customers, Vendors, SAP approvals, E-flow approvals)
• Providing full support to the End market if there are any System issues in approvals and wrong routings.
• Providing full support to the End market regarding SAP Access requests and roles providing.
Essential Experience, Skills And Knowledge:
• University graduate with a degree in accounting or finance (bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
• Fluent in English, Arabic
• Between 4 to 5 years of previous experience in a similar role
• Excellent analytical skills & knowledge on accountancy.
• Experience in FMCG will be a plus, Big Four companies preferred
• SAP operating skills is a plus
• Advanced skills on MS Office is recommended.
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to work and communicate at multiple seniority levels
• Leadership skills, able to manage a team
We Are BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
Belonging, Achieving, Together
Collaboration, diversity, and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.