- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
5 Field Assistants
Deadline of this Job:
25 February 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Organizational Setting And Reporting Relationships
The positions are in the United Nations Resident Coordination Office (UNRCO) in Cairo, Egypt and report to Edutainment project coordinator. The Interns will have dotted reporting line to the Director of the 17 TV program, with whom they will direct engage.
Job Purpose And Organizational Context
The United Nations Resident Coordinator (UNRC) represents the UN Secretary-General in Egypt and provides strategic direction to the UN Country Team. The UNRCO supports the UNRC in coordinating joint initiatives and pooling the financial and human resources of the UN system in Egypt in an efficient and effective manner.
The SDG Action Campaign is a global initiative that aims to raise awareness and enhance knowledge of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (2030 Agenda) and to encourage all stakeholders to act on supporting the advancement of the 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). As part of the SDG Action Campaign led by the UN in Egypt, the “17” TV Program aims at empowering youth voices by providing them with a platform to utilize their skills and ideas to support the achievement of the 2030 and it’s 17 SDGs in Egypt.
The main purpose of this assignment is to increase awareness and promote the SDGs and the “17” TV Program on a nation-wide scale, covering all 27 governorates and to participate in the planning and implementation of the promotional campaign of the “17” TV Program.. .
Duties And Responsibilities
• Closely work with the project team to facilitate the preparations and implementation of field activities, events, assessments, and other support if needed.
• Assist with calendar of events, the update of the website and social media accounts.
• Assist with editing the event and registration database particularly in MS Excel.
• Assist with the writing and editing content, including newsletters, event announcements, web content, digital content and other targeted communications.
• Prepare relevant SDG awareness tools and ensure their distribution through booths, print-outs etc;
• Develop partnerships with various stakeholders to support the expansion of the SDG Action Campaign in Egypt, including the promoting of “17” TV program.
• Carry out any other relevant duties assigned by the UNRCO as may be deemed necessary (e.g. support in organizing events, workshops, field trips etc.)
Job Skills: Not Specified
Required Qualification and Experience
• Applicants to internships at the UNRCO must at the time of application meet one of the following academic requirements:
• Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
• Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent);
• Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
• First level university degree in Mass Communications, Social Sciences or other relevant fields;
• Excellent command of written and spoken Arabic and English.
• Excellent facilitation, coordination, networking and advocacy skills;
• In-depth knowledge of the SDGs and/or social entrepreneurship;
• Previous experience working with young people;
• Excellent interpersonal, communications, negotiation skills and monitoring and evaluation (M&E);
• Dedication to the UN principles and demonstrated willingness to work as part of a team;
• 1-2 year(s) of previous experience in communications (voluntary and/or professional) is considered an asset..
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8